A fun meme from Kristin (she emailed it to me so unfortunately you don’t get to read her highly amusing answers… maybe if you bug her, she’ll post them.)
1. What is your occupation? Hmmm… funny you should ask. As I was filling out some paperwork at the doctor’s office yesterday for Baby Bug’s first ever doctor’s appointment I actually had to sit and contemplate that one. Should I put graphic designer like I have all these years? Or should I just put down “mom”? I wrote “mom”. It kind of has a nice ring to it.
2. What color are your underwear? Let me check, I forgot. I know they are the super soft ones from Target with no tag. I love it how they make clothes now without tags! I’m a hard core tag hater. I always rip them out and destroy the seams in my clothes. Half of my t-shirts have holes in the back of the neck. Okay, let me see here… They’re black. How sexy. Sexy black granny panties.
3. What are you listening to right now? My itunes library. “Little Green Bag” from Reservoir Dogs is playing right now. I never got the real name of that song. I just typed it in myself. So I really have no idea what I’m listening to.
4. What was the last thing you ate? Veggie Stir Fry. I made dinner for my Grandma and Aunt Keren. I’m so proud of myself for chopping everything up during Baby Bug’s four hour nap yesterday so it was super easy to fry it all up when they came over for dinner. See, I AM the “super mom”!
5. Do you wish on stars? I wished on everything when I wanted to get pregnant. I just never really caught a shooting star to wish on. But I wished on pennies thrown into fountains and when I went under a bridge on the Seine in Paris and when I blew out candles. Whenever I could, I made a wish and a prayer that someday I would have a baby. It was always the same wish. And guess what, wishes do come true! You just have to wait forever.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Ha! No surprise here. Pink! Toby is so tired of my pink kick. Every time I open a new present for Baby Bug and it’s something pink, he asks when I’m going to get over the pink thing. He’s worried Baby Bug is going to grow up and wear all black in rebellion. She probably will whether I give up my love affair with pink or not.
7. How is the weather right now? I don’t know, it’s the middle of the night or the crack of dawn or something so I haven’t looked out the window because it’s still dark out. I suppose it’s a normal beautiful California winter day. We’re running our space heaters so that means it’s a bit cold but it will probably be perfect weather during the day.
8. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My Aunt Keren, she was asking for directions to get to our house.
9. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I do! I do!
10. How old are you today? A big fat thirty-three.
11. Favorite Drink? Right now, hot chocolate. I really need to find a new favorite drink because these sugar calories are killing me.
12. Favorite sport to watch? None. I hate sports. I guess I could put down ice skating though, but really I just like to look at their costumes.
13. Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes. I went through a phase where I had raspberry striped hair. I thought it would give me more clout as a “designer”. But I wasn’t really that good at pulling it off. It always washed out and looked horribly unhealthy. I look better in my natural color.
14. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Nope. Super eyesight!
15. Pets? See below number 27.
16. Favorite Month? July, because it’s summer and everything is bright and happy and maybe I just never got over my love of having a birthday in that month.
17. Favorite Food? This is a hard one! I’d have to say prunes right now because even though they are gross gross gross to look at, they taste pretty good and they fix the plumbing which is a constant concern of mine right now.
18. What was the last movie you watched? The Family Stone. I actually liked it in spite of the bad reviews.
19. Favorite Day of the Year? March 20th, the first day of spring. That’s the day when everything is full of potential. The long winter is on it’s way out and the birds go crazy with happiness. Flowers start to bloom, the air isn’t full of moisture yet like it is in summer. It’s just a pretty time of year. Plus, it’s Toby’s birthday. He doesn’t care about his birthday but I like it that this day never goes by without me making a note of it.
20. What do you do to vent anger? Cry. I cry buckets. I must have the best working tearducts ever.
21. Fall or Spring? Spring!
22. Hugs or Kisses? Definitely hugs. I never know what to do when someone comes at me with their lips puckered. I’m the worst, I always dodge them and get all awkward. Of course Toby is allowed to kiss me but sometimes he has ashtray breath, yuck!
23. Cherries or blueberries? Cherries. But I’d way rather have strawberries.
24. Do you want your friends to email you back? Of course!
25. Who is Most Likely to Respond? hmmm… I haven’t tagged anybody yet.
26. Who is Least Likely to Respond? Again, haven’t tagged anybody.
27. Who do you live with? Toby of course and Baby Bug. Then we have the zoo: Pounce the fat cat, his sister Lilly and Maddy the spaz cat who pukes on my carpet every day. Then we have the birds. I’ve lost count. I think there are 17 or 18 of them. We have finches. Two zebra finches, two strawberry finches, two blue waxbills, about 5 rosy rumped waxbills and one spice finch. We have some odd numbers because a couple of birds have died recently. It is very very sad.
28. When was the last time you cried? I think yesterday. Baby Bug wouldn’t latch on and it was really frustrating me. She takes an hour an a half just to get in 30 minutes of sucking. I feel like I can never get anything done.
29. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes and boxes of books that I need to find homes for.
30. What friend have you had the longest? Tamie. We don’t keep in touch very well but we’ve been friends since second grade. Whenever we do catch up, it’s like a day hasn’t passed. I know she will always be my friend, I never have to worry about drama from her. Which is funny since she was the drama major in school.
31. What did you do last night? Cooked dinner, visited with my relatives. Then the nightly routine of nursing and putting Baby Bug to bed.
32. Favorite smell? Just one? I can’t pick! Fresh rain, Baby Bug’s head, freshly ground coffee, clean laundry, a glass of red wine, lavendar, earl gray tea, the smell of my mom’s cedar chest…
33) Who Inspires you? So many people! People I link to on my sidebar. There are so many amazing artists and writers on the internet. Just a few clicks and I’m always inspired to do something new and different. My grandmother… she’s a writer and she wears pearls and she raised six kids all on her own. My mom. She’s always tired from baby sitting my nieces but I love it that she always makes time to garden. She loves her garden. My sister-in-law because she has amazing grace and she fits into our family so well. My dad who never gets mad and always has a great attitude. Toby because he’s brilliant and has great taste. My friends. I could go on forever. So many people inspire me.
34. What are you afraid of? SIDS, somebody from the internet stalking me and kidnapping Baby Bug, not being able to lose the baby fat I’ve put on, getting cancer, people I love dying… Man, this is getting morbid, lets move on.
35. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Spicy, but I think I like cheesy too. Just not too much cheese.
36. Favorite car? Probably those Smart Cars I saw in Paris. They are just too cute and square! I also like Hondas but I think the new models look dumb.
37. Favorite dog breed? Australian Shepherd. Especially when they have two different colored eyes. I wish I had a dog! I wish I had a yard for a dog!
38. Number of keys? I have no idea and there is no way I’m waking up the baby on my lap to go find my purse and count them.
39. How many years at current job? What job? My freelance job? I don’t know really. I’ve been freelancing forever. I guess I’ve had my business licence for about eight years or something like that. I’m terrible with linear time. How about we just say I’ve worked at my new job as “mom” for thirteen days now.
40. Favorite Day of the Week? Like Kristin said, they are all the same right now. I can’t tell Sunday from Thursday. But I guess I’d have to say I like weekdays because those are the days I get mail. Funny how things change when you don’t work the regular 9-5 week.
41. How many States have you lived in? Just California.
42. How many Cities have you lived in? Six. Eureka, Hemet, Homeland, Hayward, Irvine and Newport Beach. (Make that SEVEN! I forgot to add Union City earlier. Lived there for two years during college.)
That’s it! If you’d like to play too, you know what to do…