I think lemon week is fizzling out. I had high hopes of making lemon jelly (marmalade without the rinds) and salted lemons but then work got busy and I ran out of daylight hours so I might have to end with this little number that Carrien made when she was over last week. What am I saying? It’s the end of the week already? Well, it sort of is for me. Mondays and Tuesdays are my most productive days and then somehow the rest of the week always seems to run away from me. I’ll try though. Just no promises.
This is Lemon Beer Chicken. It was pretty tasty!
• 3 chicken breasts
• 1/4 cup beer (We used Pacifico because they came in cute little bottles.)
• juice of a lemon
• a dash of hot sauce (like Tapatio)
1. Marinate chicken in beer and lemon juice for one hour
2. Drain juice and beer off chicken. Discard.
3. Sauté chicken in 1 tbs olive or vegetable oil until browned. If too juicy, drain off excess until chicken is lightly browned on edges
4. Serve with rice, black beans, cotija cheese, fresh avocado, silantro and tortillas
Don’t forget to add cumin and a dash of garlic or onion powder to your black beans to make them extra tasty!
And here are some complimentary pictures of the kids enjoying those burritos: