Bethany had her baby!
Elliora Violet was born at 11:20 November 29th! Six pounds, 6 ounces, 19 inches and healthy! Three hours of labor without an epidural and Bethany is doing fine!
It couldn’t be a better day to be born!
I wanted to organize the office today but Bethany had other ideas. Apparently Bethany doesn’t nest. She paints. She was very adamant about painting and well, you know me, I’ll never turn down a trip to a pottery studio. I love to paint! So paint we did. We painted for four hours while Grandma Debbie (Bethany’s mom) watched Bug and Annalie. It was delightful. I worked on some dottery (which I cannot show you because Bethany took her camera with her to the hospital and I didn’t have a chance to download the pictures but who cares! We have a baby!) and Bethany painted some ornaments, including one very special one for the baby. Now that I think about it, I wonder if Bethany knew on some instinctual level that this was probably her last chance to paint for a while. We talked about it jokingly but then we’ve been thinking every day was going to be the day.
We came home, cooked up some delicious tamale pie and then Bethany laid down on the couch complaining of some “annoying” braxton hicks that she assured us were just the usual. Grandma Debbie and I shuffled the girls off to bed thinking it was just another night like all the rest. When I came upstairs after Bug was asleep, Bethany and Troy were packing her hospital bag and heading to the hospital because her water had broken. Three hours later we got a text from Troy that Elliora was born! Three hours and no epidural!
Then Bethany called and asked me to quickly blog it so she could make her midnight deadline of posting every day this month. She wasn’t participating in Nablopomo but it was just a personal challenge for herself. Silly Bethany, how I love you so. I’ll blog it today and tomorrow! I hope you don’t mind the typos!
A Quick Update
1. Bethany has not had her baby yet. Maybe she’ll have it today and it will be a turkey baby! But we’re not having turkey for Thanksgiving. Everyone agreed that ham would be much easier than hauling around a heavy turkey, trying to fit it in the already very crowded refrigerator, waiting however many hours turkeys take to thaw, pulling the guts out and then cooking it all day long. We’re thinking quick and simple: ham.
2. Bug and I had some sort of stomach virus yesterday and last night. It seems to be a 24-hour thing so I think we will be better in time for our official Thanksgiving Ham festivities.
3. The weather is getting colder and snappier and I kinda like it. I was outside at 1am this morning hosing puke off towels and it was downright nippy as I stood there in my pajamas and bare feet.
4. I have squished two crickets in my shoes. It was just as gross as you can imagine. Thankfully, I had socks on. I’ve learned to leave my shoes upstairs where there are fewer crickets. It’s not like the Actuallys’ house is overrun with crickets or anything but they’ve been doing renovations on a room in the basement and I think the bugs have been coming in through the open holes. That room is all finished now so hopefully the cricket population has been curbed.
5. I’ve got a bunch of reviews up on my review website for you guys to read if you’re into that sort of thing. The V8 V-fusion + Tea one is still going. It will be open for comments until December 10th. You guys rocked with the comments by the way. Now I just chuckle when I see somebody clueless typing in what their favorite flavor is. I love having a secret inside joke with you all.
6. Bug and I also reviewed some toys just in time for Christmas-present shopping! Spikey the dog is pretty cute, click on over and tell me what you’d name a furry robotic dog if you had one. And while you’re at it check out our video for Weebles! I had big visions of creating a super creative movie for this post but then stupid Apple went and completely changed iMovie and left me banging my head against my laptop monitor. The good news is it’s short and sweet.
7. I’ve got a new craft up over at Alpha+Mom. This one was really fun. I pretty much took over Bethany’s dining room for three days making a big mess while I thought it up. (Don’t worry it won’t take you that long. I just have to test everything.) So today for Thanksgiving I’ll be cleaning up that mess. Good thing I like cleaning.
Happy Turkey Day, everyone!